Saturday, October 4, 2008

Preface

I am not a marine architect, just someone interested in building a boat as a live-aboard, and to explore the Labrador Coast and iceberg alley. So this started as a specification for fitting out a hull, based on my requirements. This involved a lot of research and documentation applicable to any kind of motor vessel.

Along the way, my company experienced some financial heavy weather when customers delayed key projects. This put on hold any plans to build a boat, perhaps permanently. At the moment, I can just live on my retirement plan as long as I don’t retire.

My brother suggested I turn the research into a book, so here it is in blog format. It at least kept me out of trouble evenings and weekends.

I have tried to validate all of the information, hence the detailed references, but this is a complex area subject to misinterpretation. If you have any feedback, please let me know.

Units of measure are mixed metric and Imperial. Usually I have used the measure that was used in my source. I hope this isn’t too confusing.

© 2008 David Shaw
david.shaw.x23@gmail.com

No comments: